POUND PLUNGE PROGRAM RULES
Last Update by Administrator: June 20, 2012
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participation is open to U.S. residents who (a) are at least 16 years of age as of Sept. 1, 2012 and (b) sign a Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement found on the Registration Form.
3. The Pound Plunge Program (“Program”) shall last 12 weeks, beginning Sept. 15, 2012 continuing through Dec. 15, 2012. The winning individuals and team shall be announced on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11 am at the Salina Family YMCA.
4. NEW RULE for Pound Plunge 2012: As of Pound Plunge 2011, all Pound Plunge participants, whether individual or team, may only be eligible to win the grand prize one time throughout the history of the program.
5. The winning individual or team shall be determined by the highest (combined for team) percentage of weight loss (which is calculated by taking the difference between the total weight of the four team members on Dec. 15, 2012, and the initial weight on Sept. 15, 2012. In the event of a tie, the individual or team with the greatest amount of pounds lost shall win. Participants’ weight shall be recorded using Program equipment. A participant must wear equivalent clothing for each weekly weigh-in. SHOES ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT EVERY WEIGH-IN--NO EXCEPTIONS!!! The determination by the YMCA and Eagle Communications, Inc. and any other sponsors of the Program (“the “Sponsors”) concerning the winning team, interpretation of Program rules, and disqualification of any participant, shall be final.
6. In addition to the initial and final weigh-in, each participant must be weighed using Program equipment during an official Program weigh-in event during the course of the Program. You must weigh-in for your initial and your final weigh-in. You are allowed only 2 misses before you will be disqualified from the program, however, you are welcome to continue weighing in weekly though your weight will not be recorded in the system. You will ultimately be responsible for keeping track of your own weight each week. There are 12 weigh-ins PLUS the initial weigh-in. Only one official weigh-in per calendar week is permitted. A participant’s failure to complete the required number of weigh-ins shall result in disqualification of his/her team from the Program.
7. Sponsors do not warrant any of the products, materials, or services received by the participant. Such products, materials, or services are provided “as is”. There may be warranties provided by the manufacturer of the products or materials or the provider of the services for which Sponsors have no responsibility or duty to perform.
8. No changes can be made to the individual or team's registration after October 1, 2012.
9. Participants are responsible for their own weekly progress. If there are any discrepancies, you must notify Pound Plunge within 2 weeks of the weigh-in.